There’s nothing more comforting than a big bowl of pasta. I try to save it for special occasions, but sometimes the cravings hit and there’s no resisting. I don’t have a gluten intolerance, but I like to switch things up in my diet sometimes by incorporating gluten-free alternatives (that don’t compromise on taste). I also like to keep gluten-free options in my pantry when I’m cooking dinner for friends who are gluten-free. I had an opportunity to try Italpasta’s new gluten-free pasta, and it is AMAZING. Read on below for a simple but delicious recipe.
For this Parmesan Turkey Pasta recipe I decided to try Italpasta’s gluten-free spaghetti. The pasta is made using a blend of corn, rice, buckwheat and quinoa. Not only did it satisfy my craving for pasta, it was so easy to make. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
*Replace Parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast to make dairy free
- Italpasta Spaghetti
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Black pepper
- 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Onions, chopped
- Coconut Oil
- Heat a pan with coconut oil and add in onions and mushrooms.
- Sauté for a few minutes and add in ground turkey.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, heat a medium-large pot of water. Add in some salt.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- In a separate pan, add a generous amount of EVOO, pepper and Parmesan.
- Add the cooked spaghetti into the EVOO mixture and toss until the pasta is fully coated.
- Add the turkey mixture to the pasta and toss.
- Serve immediately and top with fresh basil.
Thanks to Italpasta for letting us try some of their amazing gluten free goodies. We can’t wait to try the rest of the pasta varieties – they taste just as delicious (if not more!) than regular pasta.